Thursday, December 11, 2014

To you Mommas: We moved!

Leadership.  Wow.  For this girl, that's a scary word.  

I've written before about this powerful little group that I've had the honor to be a part of...the "Benton Panther Mom's Ministry"....This posting a few weeks ago, gives a "smidge" of what this group has done and what it means to me.

http://terricoxbaker.blogspot.com/2014/11/to-youmoms.html?spref=fb

When that posting was written, I had no idea what "specialness" was to be in our future.  For you see?  God truly blessed our season....in every sense of the word.

We made to the end.  To the 'ship!  To the last game.  We fought and we fought and we did it.  This team made history.  And I couldn't be prouder.  

But this isn't about them.  This is about a different group.  This is about their mommas. Their fans.  The ones that loved them through it all.  Who prayed for them.  Who lost sleep in worry.  And who stood proudly for them at the end of the day.  The moms.

While I wanted to do a sequel of sorts to the above posting....to "finish the story".....I've sat down repeatedly to write and have become overwhelmed with emotion.  First....let me show ya the stuff:

To some....it may appear that this is exactly that...."stuff."  A bracelet and a cross.  You have to realize a couple of points here.  First, we are not a booster club.  We have no money.  No budget.  To do things for our boys took a lot of time and alot of money.  Cards, printer ink, bracelets, candy, cookies, notes, envelopes, all of it....times 150.  This small group did it!  Each and every week....we did it!  :)  First....fall on your knees and thank HIM!  Second, take your arm and reach around and pat yourselves on the back.  We moved!  (I'll explain that in a minute!)

Secondly, when we hit playoff weeks, its extremely difficult to "plan ahead" so to be successful in all of our endeavors took a lot of work in a little time for our little group.  Time and Money...Satan's little diversions didn't stop us, friends.  Again, We moved!

On Thanksgiving Day, it is estimated that we fed about 250-300 mouths that morning. Take a peek at that gallery here:

http://bentonpantherfootball.com/gallery/2014-family-thanksgiving/

I wrote about that too....just in case you missed it.  Such a powerful morning.

http://terricoxbaker.blogspot.com/2014/11/a-panther-thanksgiving.html





November 28: Benton vs. El Dorado.
We "Believed"....and fought our way to the Title Game.







As we met to pray with the teams the day before we were to head to the championship, We presented each of them with a cross, engraved with their motto "family."  As they read their notes and dawned their crosses, my hope is that they will remember this F.A.M.I.L.Y forever.

They learned that day, that each cross was handmade over a period of about 48 hours.  When a sweet "angel" from Texas learned of our Panther story, she agreed to make it happen.  And shared with us how as she made each one, she prayed over it and the child that would be wearing it.  Wow.  Just wow.  150 of these.  Our Jane and our Touchdown Club, and our Community made this special gift possible.  I choke up everytime I see one of them walk by with it nestled around their neck.

I've had so many come to me and thank me for "leading this group." My response has always been the same.  No thank YOU!  I'm SO thankful for a group that always says "yes"!  That always digs deep....financially, with their time, and with their presence.  I cannot help but think we have made a difference in a child's life.  That we have MOVED.

On Sept 2, I sent the text out to my "little group" of Panther Senior moms that I love so dearly.  5 of us that chat together daily.  The text simply said....'What do y'all think about meeting each week to pray?"  We got approval from the coaches and began spreading the word....and held our first meeting on the morning of the Salt Bowl a few days later.  We have done so much in just a few short weeks.  I was talking with my boss and friend about our little group yesterday and immediately he called me a "lone nut!" I looked at him like he must have grown horns and he shared with me this video.....Its not long...but the point is SOOO worth it....




For you see? He was right.  I was simply the "lone nut".....:)  Those of you who continued to say "yes"....are the leaders here.  WE MOVED!  

God has proven that where HIS presence is....that His good works and love will simply shine.  Of course, we don't have to take our shirts off and act like fools to start a "movement"....we just simply have to "say yes" and He will lead us.

Thank you moms and dads and friends, for it all.  I will love you always...for the way we moved!

Love in Him,
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment