Thursday, February 27, 2014

Senior Moments




 I've been walking around with a lump in my throat for a couple of weeks now.  While I've not really had a "good cry" in a while....I have that feeling that it really won't take much to set me off and I'll be a mess.


I was standing in line at the pharmacy a few days ago and I heard a little old man joking with the cashier about being forgetful and called them "Senior Moments."  I've heard that reference throughout my life....and have actually been a victim of them from time to time....aka "chemo brain"....but I can relate.


HOWEVER....I'm now experiencing a different type of "Senior Moment" from time to time.  These occur with the milestones of my oldest child nearing the end of his Junior year.  Already, we are in the throws of "Senior" things. 


The booking of Senior pictures, Ordering of Senior rings, ACT testing (and how many more times we can take it to get the scores higher....God help us!), CAPS conferences....where we as parents go with our child to register for classes next year....for this is the LAST time I will do this with  my Sam. 


Even little things....like a text from the football coach asking the "Seniors" to vote on certain things for next year.  HOLD the phone, Coach.  He isn't a Senior just yet.  Give Momma a little more time, will ya?  :)  And we get college solicitations in the mail no less than 3 days per week.  I'm about to lose it.  I'm not ready.


IF all of this isn't enough....My Sydney Clare....my BABY....will be a sophomore.  A Sophomore, y'all.  In HIGH SCHOOL.  I will also be registering HER next week...I may need drugs.  Or wine.  Or a group.  Something.  Attended the Dance Tryout Parent meeting Monday evening.  She is working her hiney off for the Pepstepper tryouts coming up.  The HIGH SCHOOL dance team at Benton.  Wasn't I just helping her with her tights yesterday?  5-6-7-8.....Shuffffleee....Ball Change....Step!  Where did all the time go?


I was at the Baseball field on Saturday, and Sydney's classmates were taking the field as freshman.  Reality check.


Prayer.  That is what I need.  Prayer.  LOTS of prayer. 


All of these "Senior Moments" are hitting me too much.  Too fast.  I need more time.  I want more time.  I have several friends with grown kiddos, kiddos graduating this year, etc....sitting here thinking "Suck it up!"....and I know I should just put on my big girl face and let them grow up like everyone else.  But today...I'm choosing to whine about it.  Do these creatures know just how much I love them?  My whole life revolves around them. 


Precious kiddos....these two.  Let me say it again...I'm just not ready.


I look at what all we have been through as a family.....as a team.  God has blessed us so much.  We have an ENORMOUS village around us and I know that we are right where we need to be.  Our friends, church family, coaches, and teachers have molded these children into wonderful beings and I am so grateful.


Here is a glimpse of where we live, worship, and serve....
http://vimeo.com/85672992


Teaching us NOT to strive to be like other Christians.  But to strive to be like CHRIST.  Grow.  Give.  Go. 


I can see moments of innocence in the both of them......times when they clearly "still need their momma"....and then times when I think they are so independent.  Times when its a little more "momma needs them."  Their spirit.  Their sense of humor.  Their hearts.  Their love.  Their everything.  How in the world did I get so lucky????











I love my Sam and Sydney Clare.  Senior Moments....slow down!  <3

In Him,
Terri



No comments:

Post a Comment