Tuesday, August 6, 2013

This is Terri...

More Random Tidbits.  This is me.  :)

I absolutely LOVE being a mom to Sam (16) and Sydney Clare (14). It is BY FAR my greatest accomplishment!! I really don't like it that my kiddos are growing up......what in the world will we DO when they are grown?????  They are my everything.  Period.  And so much fun!

I pray about everything in weird places......my kids, my family, my pets, my finances, my life......even for a parking spot at Wal-mart -- in the bathtub, while I drive, in the school line, .....I mean EVERYTHING - EVERYWHERE!

I'm not a morning person.  I really don't even like to talk before 9 am.  Or at the very least, before I have a diet coke.

My car is an absolute pigsty.....we can clean it out every other day......does no good! Guess we're just in it too much!

I love the Christmas season.  :)

I'm a dork.  Its kinda tough being a dork sometimes.  The trick is not to care!  haha

I love love love the beach!!!  Its not a "real" vacation without sand and surf.

I think Garden Salsa Sun Chips and Twinkies are part of the food group pyramid.  And life will cease without either.

My daughter loves to dance. I am sometimes reduced to tears when she performs.......(no....not because of the money I've spent so she could do it!!!)

My son loves all sports.....plays all sports....and I am his biggest fan!!!  While other kids were watchin "Barney"....he was tuned in to Sportscenter.  No lie. 

I am always in a hurry....and rarely late. I HATE to be late and hate WAITING on those who are always late! Can you say....Road Rage????

I love reality TV, diet cokes, my comfy bed, my Ipad, Mac & Cheese from the blue box (eating it straight out of the pot!) and smell-good candles!  Those are necessities that could keep me happy for a lifetime!

I love the changes in my life that salvation has brought.  So cool to see what all God is up to next!

I am currently in a love-hate relationship with my hair.  Love that I have it. Hate that it isn't like it used to be.  Yet!   I have always said that I could lose everything and be on welfare....but would STILL budget for hair!!  Darn chemo....

I lost my mother to Breast Cancer at age 49. I miss her every single day.....She was my best friend. I get so ashamed of myself when I get jealous of my friends who still have their moms....hope they know what a precious gift that is....

College talk with my son makes me want to throw up. 

I am so happy to be a part of a God-loving, Spirit-filled church.  Above anything....My kids are getting it!

My greatest fear is something happening to my kids.....my second greatest has always been cancer.  And still is.... 

We pray before we eat.

I have a BS in Accounting, with a minor in English from Arkansas State University ( Home of the INDIANS!!) ......Accounting is boring. I really wish I had gone to Beauty School....I would LOVE to do hair!!

I miss having a housekeeper........wonder if I could find one to do my car too?? and for Free?  hehehe

I love my Sunday School Class.  They are my "life group."  :)

I'm blessed with an awesome "baby daddy."  The greatest gift a mom can give her children is to respect their daddy.  We are blessed.

I love the fact that when I see my kiddos at the end of the day.....that their faces still light up when they see me for the first time......(they USED to run across the room to greet me in Preschool -- but I'll settle for their smiles now!)  Even being teens....they still love hanging out with 'ole mom.  I hope that never changes.  We have so much fun together!  We are buddies!

Its very hard on me that my son is "in love"......I'm finally accepting that I am no longer the only "woman" in his life. These teen years are rough!

I am addicted to Carmex. I have about 12 tubes all over the house.....the car....coat pockets.....etc. Can't go anywhere without it!

I love my iphone! Keeps me connected to everything.  In fact, I think I pretty much love and want anything Apple makes.

I take baths.  Rarely a shower (unless I'm not at home....ewwwww)

I listen to all music.  My kids know that in my vehicle?  Mom's the DJ.

My Sam comes to visit me at my office most every day.  He pops in with a drink or lunch.  I just like that.

I miss my brother.  Wish we lived closer.  He and his family mean the world to me!

I'm lucky to still maintain a friendship with my childhood best friend. Sandy knows that I would be there for her in a heartbeat.  And vice versa.  Ties that bind.

I loved growing up in a small town and am glad my kids are too! I wish they knew how much these memories they are making will mean to them later!!

I love opening my home to my friends.....my kids' friends.....and my friends and their kids!!! Although....I do drive my family crazy getting my "fake" house on!!!! :)

I am a Chi Omega.  I wish I had known when I pledged how much my sisters would mean to me someday.  God knew what He was doing for sure.  I love my sisters.

I am addicted to popping bubble wrap.  I've even been known to buy rolls of it just so I could pop it!  :) 

I love the blessings that cancer has brought into me.  Friendships, love, and even a nudge to His grace.  Take THAT.....bam!

I'm broke.  Hate being broke.  BUT....I'm rich also. We have everything we need and most of what we want.  I'm saved by God's grace and what makes me happy?  Money can't buy.  Good stuff!

I hate drama.  Despise conflict.  And try to avoid it all costs. 

I'm in love with my best friend.  Thank you God for David!  I think its time for a post devoted to him! :)

Cancer sucks.  Nothing else to really say about that.

I love that my kids love their momma!  <3

I don't really feel worthy of grace.  But, I've learned to accept it anyway!

I think Candy Crush is the DEVIL!  lol  I will take him down!!!

I miss playing golf....although having a son playing competitive baseball has kept me off the course for some time.....I HAVE had a hole-in-one though! True story!

One of the greatest attributes of a Christian woman is her compassion for others. 

I want to teach my daughter that "gentlemen" are only attracted to "ladies."  Lot of truth in that.

I once went on a honeymoon....WITHOUT my groom.  Yep, a story there. 

I LOVE MY FRIENDS (old and new)!!!!! I have some of the best girlfriends in the world!!! I believe true friends "love you anyway".....in spite of yourself and your mistakes. Thank goodness I have true friends.....even if I had to learn the hard way to find them.....

I think I'm a skinny girl trapped in the body of a fat girl.  That darn mirror keeps reminding me! 

Cell phones at the table drive me bananas!  Put 'em down people!  Give those across from you some value! 

When I say, "I'm praying for you".....know, that I'm praying for you.

I wear a seat belt always.

I am grateful to God for 2nd chances.....and 3rds....and 4ths.....I thank God everyday for his grace and forgiveness......everyday.

I love "love."  So blessed that my life is so full of it.

I always pray to have eyes that see the best in people, a heart that forgives the worst, a mind that forgets the worst, and a soul that never loses faith in God.

I am hungry and in total love with Jesus.  He is my light in this dark ugly world.  Not to spoil the ending for anyone, but God teaches us that everything is really gonna be ok!  <3

I can't imagine a world without laughter.....
Live ~ Laugh ~ Love
 
 
In Him,
Terri
 
PS -- Prayers for all my teacher friends and those entrusted to mold our children.  God bless you all!  (Especially you, Kim.)


No comments:

Post a Comment