Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Be Weird




I am approached often about my blog.  With the exception of my children, who think I'm nuts....it is 99.9% positive feedback.  They don't count.  I can think back to my teen years....and if my momma placed in a public forum every move I made much like I do them...I'd think she was nuts too.  I keep telling them that one of these days, when I'm gone...they will cherish my thoughts about them....and everything.  Today?  They're not convinced.  I really don't care.  ha

I love the above caption and plan to make it my "cover photo" on my facebook page.  When I saw it?  I immediately loved it.  Because it fits me.  And it pretty much fits my blog.  I'm weird.  I'm random.  And typically don't filter what I write (with a few exceptions for obvious reasons).  People who write from an honest place will find that it really is therapy. 

Once I write and post....Very seldom do I go back and read them.  I may someday.  I keep thinking I will print and put them up for my kids and grandkids.  I say that....because I cherish my mom's journal.  I think it is up there with one of the most important things I own.  Her private thoughts.  Her words.  I go to it for comfort often. 

I've been approached to be guest writers for a couple of sites.  Friends have jokingly told me that I could write a book.  Well....they're crazy.  I'm a goofball.  I'm a mom.  I'm just a woman trying to make it in this world with day-to-day problems just like everyone else.  I'm not special.  I'm not inspirational.  I'm just me.  I'm random.  I'm weird.  I just put it out there for the world (ok...that's the stretch....I doubt the whole world reads....but I guess they could.) 

When something touches me, I share it.  When something is heavy on me, I share it.  Gosh, if I can lift one person up....that is icing on the cake.  If I can land my name in someone's prayers?  Then I've gotten something extra.  I write for me.  I don't know if I would be good at writing for others.  Its not something I can "force."  So I'll sit and pray about that a while.  I don't follow or read blogs of others.  I really don't know how to be honest.  So I don't know if my blogs are "good" or not.  My reasons for writing are pretty selfish.  They help me muddle through this earthly life....and separate my thoughts.

I love getting emails, comments, text messages and kind words.  They really inspire me that I'm not alone in this world.  I thrive for accountability and support.  I'm really an open book.  And its not always easy to show the world all of my weak moments.  But why hide them?  The thing I love hearing most is how "real" I seem to be in my writing.  When you allow others to see your "raw" being....you let them in.  You build bridges, instead of walls.....and your relationships become strengthened in the process. 

I'm not trying to sound like I'm patting myself on the back, for sharing the nice things that have been said to me.  I realize that those who disagree aren't necessarily going to come to me to tell me.  Those kind of people find it much more fun to talk "about" ya than "to" ya.....but yes, I've heard whisperings of "this and that".....but as you can see....it hasn't stopped me from writing.  It hasn't changed my writing style.  Nor do I really give a dang!  lol  That "dirty 'ole rotten stinkin' devil" can try all he wants.  (That's for YOU, Jay.) 

I repeat myself often.  But I am so blessed.  As I often do....I would like to share a song that I honestly want sang....by my sister-in-law....at my funeral.  I know that sounds morbid....but, I don't plan on kicking the bucket anytime soon!  haha  But, I find myself touched and raising my hands in worship every single time I hear it.  No matter where I am.....


 
 
Bridge:
Redeemer! My Healer! Lord Almighty......
My Savior! Defender! You are My King...

Friends, if that bridge don't move ya.....nothing will.  I will never forget the day Leah sang that in church and I think of her every time.  I'm sure the dude next to me at the red light on the way to work this morning thought I was having a seizure!   lol 

I know I'm rambling.....being "random" so bear with me.  My heart is a bit heavy and I'm sad.  Believe it or not, I don't write about "everything".  I need prayers in a big way over lots of issues.  So please pray for us.  But thankfully, I really do feel better....at just the "sound of His name."  Nothing like His peace.

Please pray also, for one of my closest friends.....Starting a new job as a teacher, the mother of three, and has a very sick mom in the hospital.  "The sick are healed.....at the sound of Your name."  She is a precious friend and so loved by our family. 

This song just says it all......encompasses all.  You go God!!

Thanks for the pure random-ness tonight.  Its fun to be weird.  I needed it.
In Him,
Terri


No comments:

Post a Comment