Wednesday, August 28, 2013

No Gene!

Quickie update from the school line.....
See this phone call????  It changed my life. 
 
 
 
I've blogged over and over again about the stinkin' gene test!  You know, the one I've been trying to get the results from for forever.....the one that I've been terrified of for as long as I've been mature enough to know what it is.  Since its existence really.  Among other postings.....my most recent one is here....
 
 
 
Got the call today....and I do NOT have the gene!  I was so excited....even through tears, I wanted to jump up and "twerk like Miley"!  Ok....just jokin, kids.  :)   Seriously, I was so overwhelmed.  I immediately went to the Lord in prayer instead.  <3
 
Both my surgeon and my oncologist had prepared me that the chances of me having either of the mutations were pretty high.  To quote, "I'd place my bets that you probably do."  Phsssssstt...  They now know how MY God works.  I called David, Deb and texted my family......and made a beeline to the Jr. High.  I couldn't wait until the end of the day....to hold my babygirl and let her know.....WE don't have the gene.  As I listened to my friend, sobbing tears of joy on the other end of the phone, tell me not to wait...."GO TELL HER!"  So that is exactly what I did.
 
Right there in the hallway of the Jr. High....I finally felt like I was protecting my child.  I think she may have been a little more "celebratory" had I shown up with lunch or checked her out for the remainder of the day.....:)  That's my Syd!  But I know that I sent her back to class with prayers of Thanksgiving on her mind as well.  What a big 'ole burden lifted off of a 14 year old girl.
 
After our moment, I proceeded to let my closest friends and prayer warriors know.  Call it dramatics.  I know many in my life are tired of hearing about my journey. And rightfully so.   But this has been a hedge over me for the majority of my adult life.  But so many have been praying for these results.  And I can breathe much easier now.  I know this is a God thing.  I was not born with this gene.  Just MAYBE, I HAD the gene and God took it from me.  All I know is He gets the glory.  I can take most anything life throws at me.....with the exception of possible danger to those I love.  Thank you Lord.
 
I knew that no matter the results, I was assured that the same God loved me last year, last month, last week, and today.....and He would not leave me.  And He didn't.  And today?  He sent us really, really good news.  A good day.
 
Here she comes....bouncing across the parking lot about to tell me she is hungry.  So I gotta run.  Man, I love this child. 
 
When ya talk to God tonight.....please tell him thank ya for me.  He did a super cool thing for us today.
 
James 1:17
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."
 
In Him,
Terri
 


No comments:

Post a Comment