Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pure Randomness

This blog is most likely going to have zero impact on anyone ever.  Pure randomness and a complete waste of time.  But I need to write.  Therapy at its best.  My thoughts lately.......

A&F:
Mike Jeffries is a first class jerk.  If you don't know who he is.....CEO of Abercrombie & Fitch, who responded to the request of making a line for larger people..... Paraphrasing here...."No, we only go after the cool, skinny kids......Not everyone belongs in our clothes......blah blah blah!"  This article should catch you up....
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sara-taney-humphreys/a-message-to-abercrombies_b_3245941.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false
This news just sent me over the edge.  I am totally embarrassed by all the A&F items in the closets of my children.  I will tell you this....you won't find them wearing ANY of it again....nor will I even walk in the store.  Funny....I saw someone posting an Abercrombie shirt on one of the facebook "Online Garage Sales"......Sweetie, you couldn't pay ME to wear it much less buy it from ya!  Sara Taney Humphries, thank you for taking a stand.....and that is coming from a former skinny, cheerleader, sorority girl -- not necessarily "cool" or "popular" by HIS standards but that had lots of friends and loved high school and college.  You nailed it, sister!

What in the world is this coming to?  My first thought is that I hope nobody every shops there again.....then I realize that there are many employed by him that would be innocently affected.  Although, why someone would WANT to work for a company that stands on these principals, I don't know.  My NEXT thought is to hope he has to go on a massive amount of steroids that makes him blow up like a balloon......  then I realize that wishing those things upon him makes me not much better than he is.  I guess I just have to have faith in the biblical declaration of "karma".....that he will indeed "reap what he sows..."  hmmmmmm.......nope, that isn't practicing kindness either.
What a sad, miserable existence this man must have.  So today.....I prayed for the jerk.  Yep.  Sure did.  Still think he is a jerk.

Blue Cross / Blue Shield:
This wonderful (insert TOTAL sarcasm here)....health insurance company that sadly has the monopoly on the state of Arkansas has done it to me again.  :(  Not only have they not paid one dime for a complete year (stating that my breast cancer was a "pre-existing condition"), they have now raised my premium and I'm facing cancellation.  Oddly enough, about the same time that the Pre-existing clause was lifted.  Yes.....this is how it went:
1)  Applied for insurance March of Last year.  Went through their complete screening process, complete with bloodwork and physical. 
2)  Received Insurance policy effective April 15, 2012.
3) Immediately scheduled a yearly physical with my ob/gyn since it had been so long....(Had put it off due to not having insurance.)  4/23
4)  Lump was found and sent for immediate mammogram......and anyone who has followed my blog and my journey knows the rest.  The thing is.....they denied all my treatments, surgeries, etc., stating a pre-existing condition despite 2 doctors writing letters on my behalf, and several appeals.   Cra....zzzyyy. 
5)  I continued to pay my premiums each month.  Even though the insurance was basically worthless.  The only thing it helped me with was my meds that I took at home throughout treatments. 
6)  April 15, 2013 -- Pre-existing waiting period expires.  Last week.....They want $417.00 for a premium.  I cannot afford to keep this policy at that rate.  And am facing cancellation. Nor will I be able to get any insurance.  How is this fair????  Evil.  Just evil.  Haven't found the strength to pray for them just yet.  Still workin on that one.  I work.  I try to pay my bills.  What gives?????  :( 

This coupled with the fact that I learned that my sales tax wasn't financed in on my vehicle and I have to pay it. AND I received a $1,354.00 Gas bill from Centerpoint from a gas leak.  Syd needs about 600 more bucks for dance uniforms and both are leaving for choir tour in less than a month, Sam needs contacts....AND we are trying to take a vacation during dead weeks (since that is the only time all summer that neither kid has any activities.)  Thankfully, our housing for that is paid.  As you can see....lots of prayers and pencils at work trying to stretch my dollars.....Sigh.

Sambo got a job!!!  :)
Very proud of my Sammy.  Got his first job at Old Navy.  Discounts and Gas money!!!   And they will work around his sports and church activities.  He hasn't even started yet and we already have a dilemma....:(  Went something like this:
1)  He had an interview on Saturday, May 4.
2)  Called to offer him the job later that week.
3)  Scheduled the first 2 of 3 orientation days to be Wed and Fri of this week.  (At this time, Benton baseball was in state tournament, with championship game to be played at Baum on the 18th.)
Sam is distraught, worried that he will have conflict with Fri orientation and trip with team to Fayetteville.  I assured him....we would make it work even if I had to drive him down myself.
4)  Monday last week....Sam learns of Spring Football game.....yep!  you guessed it.....Friday.  ugggggg.....how does a kid be at 2 mandatory places and the same time???? 
5)  So....Tuesday, I place a call to the manager and explain the issue.  He is very nice and accommodating.  Since the orientation involves more newbies than just Sam, he made contact with them to move the orientation to Thursday.....the only thing is that Sam will have to miss part of football practice that day.  Not ideal but do-able.  All worked out.
6)  Saturday....Panthers lose in semi's.  :(  Broken-hearted Sam....but the up-side?  No conflicts with Old Navy stuff.
7)  Sunday -- Sam gets text from Football coach that Spring game is moved to Monday.  Sigh.  Ok...no worries....except that it conflicts with Baseball Banquet.  Shoot me now.  We would just have to find a way to do both......
8)  Monday (today).....Sam comes in and tells me that I don't have to worry about "doing both" because they moved the Spring Game to....you guessed it....THURSDAY!!!   REALLY.....shoot me now.  Now...we are faced with calling the Old Navy Manager BACK to ask if we can move it back to Friday....where we started originally????  The child may be fired before he starts.  :(  May seem trivial....but please pray that these "little worries" stop so that I may focus on the bigger ones?  Momma.needs.a.break.

Angelina Jolie:
http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/angelina-jolie-reveals-preventative-double-mastectomy-064002088.html
This article needs no words.....What courage!  Wish my "insurance" could pay for my genetic test....maybe one day I will get the results.  :(  Very disheartening that there are results of a test out there that I cannot have due to the almighty dollar.  I know many with this story.  Something is very wrong with this world. 

These drops in the bucket that I've vented about are just a smidgen of what's going on with me lately.  I've been a bit depressed.  Ok...severely depressed.  These things, coupled with "Mother's Day," have me in the dumps.  Very grateful for my kiddos....who are my light.  David....who is precious. My brother...who is my rock and constant source of strength. My friends who love me anyway.....And most importantly my Savior.....who continues to carry me.  One way or another....I know it will all be ok. 

I have yet another friend who is beginning the BC journey.....So prayer warriors lift her up.  God knows her sweet name.  And as I do everyday....please protect my babygirl and those you love around you......and pray for a cure.  Also, please pray for another friend's father......who didn't receive the greatest news this past week either.  Cancer bites.

Tonight has been spent in a "battle of the pix" between my little brother and I on facebook......has felt good to laugh.....even at my own expense!  :)  Love u little brother......and Thanks!  :) 

Please keep this kiddos and I in your prayers as we continue to muddle our way through this little earthly life......:)
In Him,
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment