Tuesday, October 2, 2012

That's all Folks!!! :)

I'm gonna have to "catch up" this blog in several entries I think.  SOOOO much has happened over the past week or so!  I'm overwhelmed at exactly where to start......but can't go another day without blogging my thoughts. 

First....I'll shout from the rooftops!!!  NO MO CHEMO!!!!!!!!!   Yippeeee!!!  Had my last treatment on 9/21.  This day was complete with emotion from before dawn...til WAY past dark.  Started off arriving at the high school for the "daybreak" pep rally about 5:45 am.  Today was the "Salt Bowl"....a Saline County Holiday of sorts.  Benton vs. Bryant at War Memorial Stadium.  Over 20,000 fans were there to root on their favorites.....this rivarly runs deep my friends.  ESPECIALLY with a dog in the fight!  For my Newport friends.....Bryant is our "Batesville"....:)  For Razorback Fans....Bryant is our "Alabama".....ya get the idea.....

Anyway....my day started early... Pep Rally.....Breakfast.....Kiddos to School....work....another Pep Rally.....Back to work.....and off to chemo at 1.  From Chemo....went to the Salt Bowl and all of its festivies.  Things didn't go quite our way for my Sam or the Panthers.  But I watched my son grow in integrity through his struggles and am one proud momma!

I walked into the chemo room with a different feeling today.  My labs showed that today would in fact be the "finale".....:)  Got hooked up to my bags....and settled in.  The Benedryl took effect immediately and I dozed off under a blanket when I heard the commotion coming up the hallway.....
Lordy it was a party!  :)  And I do mean party.....

At first sight....they got the ugly cry, you know....the kind that looks like "Will Smith" in the movie "Hitch".....swollen eyes, red nose.....the works....


I was so overwhelmed with love, suprise, and just pure joy.  They took time from their lives, their jobs, to come be with me on this final leg of this sprint.  Many who couldn't be there.....and I DO mean probably over a hundred....sent texts, emails, FB messages, sweet words and gifts to me.  I have had SUCH a team on this journey.....I am just so blessed.

I was met with cake - TWO cakes, "kid friendly" champagne, balloons, confetti, presents, a "No Mo Chemo sash", and even a crown!  Most of all the VERY best of friends.  I think my Sonya was the ring-leader.....with the help of many I'm sure, to pull this off.  I'm up in EVERYONE's business, so not sure how they pulled this off without me knowing.....but they did.  In fact, I came to chemo alone....expecting Sonya to pop in with chocolate and Deb to swoop in on two wheels with hugs.....but that's all.  My Syd had begged me to check out of school and come with me that day.  But I was certain it was a ploy to get out of school....and she had tests and dance practice that day.  So I said, "nice try.". 

In walks the following:
Sonya, and her daughters....Bailey and Kenzie, Shane and her three.....Nick, Victoria, and Annie, Gina, Deb, Becca, Brandie, Michelle, Jack, John, and Karen.  These along with the AOA staff...Linda, Carolyn, Jill, Josh, Beverly, Brenda, Charlene and the rest,......and even Dr. Sneed!  Usually, Im alone in the chemo room....but today, there were a couple of other patients that got to join in the fun! 

I haven't gotten all of the pics yet....but here are few from the day I had on my phone:

First....Sonya:  Adorned in pink for the occassion, and even "pole danced" with me on my IV pole!  hehe  Will she EVER know what she means to me????  Ever???

 
Then my Shane.....:)  Beautiful Friend.....Love her so....
 
 
My "Clinic Boyfriend"..... Josh.  And a forever friend....:)
 

 
The best oncology nurses on the PLANET....Carolyn and Linda.  Love them!  :)
 
 
Dr. Sneed.....my HERO!  In his words...."He and I are going to be friends a LONG time!"  :)


WIG FUN!




I got pictures made with everyone there.....but not with my camera, so I've not gotten them just yet.  But I will post a follow up to this blog with a complete album!  My cake(s) were adorable, the children were precious. Everyone sipping champagne in colored stem glasses, the balloons,.... And all my friends that were there physically, and there in spirit.  I will never forget.....

Such emotion and heart-felt love.

I walked out of AOA that last day consumed with tears.  These people have gotten me through such a tough journey.  I won't allow myself to think about a reoccurance today.  The thing is....it has brought many blessings and so defined all of the relationships in my life.  Those who have been a friend to me unselfishly.  Those who are there for me without fail.  Those who came into my life as a RESULT of the cancer.  Those who came BACK into my life to reach out in love.  Those who were there before and never left my side.  All of which, I know will be there for me and with me should my future include another fight.  It has strengthend my relationship with my God and inspired me to be a better Christ follower.  It has taught me to trust, and to see things so clearly.

I sometimes take notes for things I want to blog about.  Sometimes I just sit down and the words come.  When I hit "publish" oftentimes I'm just as suprised at what I've written as my readers.  "Chemo Brain" has caused me to sometimes forget things I really want to write about.  But I will have posts in the future....that will highlight those who are so dear to me....that have touched me beyond measure.  Those who will kill me and will be recognized against their will.  Those who don't want or need a "pat on the back" or to be recognized to feel appreciated.  Those who give lovingly as Christ would and have repeatedly given to me in both big and small ways out of just plain love.

So get ready....David, Sonya, Shane, Jana, my AOA family, Deb, Leigh, Marsha, Sandy....and many others.....you're gonna get your OWN post dedicated to my love for YOU.....very soon.  These people have given their time, their words, their presence, their prayers, their service, their money, their everything to be a friend and caretaker for me.  From diagnosis to present.  They don't use the words, "I've done enough"......They are true to their word and have never let me down.  Many times, at the expense of their families, and very large inconvenience to be there for me and to just help.  They never keep score.  They don't question.  They give of themselves with a willing heart and have taught me so much.  Their families have shown much love to me too....in allowing me to borrow them for times in need and they were happy to do so.

I realize how this might get me into trouble with some.  There are many many folks who have stepped up in large ways and in small ways.  I can't possibly write about everyone.  I have written about many in the past.  And I've been praying and searching for answers from above on this issue. I certainly don't want to hurt any feelings.  It's not my intention at all.  What my God has told me is this......the book of James tells us that every "good and perfect gift comes from above"......and that if someone gets angry then they weren't giving with the right heart in the first place.  So.....there you have it.  I can't close this chapter without writing about my love for some of these special people.  And what's incredible is whether I thank them in a blog, on a note, with a gift, or never mention them again.....each of them would do it all again in a heartbeat.  Their "gifts" were from above.  With.Out.Question.  That's not to say that I feel like anyone will be hurt.....but its my fear, and I simply won't defend this again. 

I'm starting to feel better again.....and am going to start my own "Look Good, Feel Better" campaign.  Come Monday.....its diet time.  Gotta get the weight back off.  Gained 15 of the 41 that I'd lost.  That just plain ticks me off.....UGgggg!!  I should feel well enough to begin hitting the track again.  Got a couple of weeks before the race....Gotta get at it!  I'm going to continue working for my God and keeping a close relationship with him.  Momma's back!  I'm going to cherish every single second with my kiddos and love them more!  :)  I want to be present in church and Sunday School and active at church, since I've not felt good in so long.  I'm ready!  :)

I've wondered if I want to continue the blog.  And the truth is.....I do.  I do it for myself.  Not sure if very many read it.  But again....I do it for me.  You'll probably see alot of diet related posts....and silly entries about my daily crazy life.  It's just the right mixture of chaos and love!  I want to journal my prayer requests so that I can continue to see right before my eyes just how much my God works and answers each and every one.  I want to remember each and every memory with my kiddos, my family, my David, and my friends. 

The Race for the Cure is coming up.....and our Team Terri has grown to almost 60 members.  If you know of anyone who doesn't have a team....please share this with them.  Team Terri tshirts (optional) are also available but I have to know by Wed. at the latest.  Time is of the essence.  My Chi-O sister and dear friend, Jana, has worked so hard to get this together.....Never losing sight of its purpose.  To find a cure for our daughters.  Whatever YOUR goal.....Whomever YOU are honoring or remembering.....Join today!  :)

http://arkansas.info-komen.org/site/TR?team_id=219501&pg=team&fr_id=2568&et=qATXPFdSpC7h4DIor992Vw&s_tafId=90954

I have a couple of prayer requests please:

I have a couple of friends who are hurting for various reasons.  God knows their needs....please pray these unspoken needs.

My sweet friend Kara, pregnant with her first baby boy, Luke.  Kara has gestational diabetes, and has some medical fears along with those of generally being a new mommy.  She is precious to me.  Lift Kara, her husband, Thomas, and baby Luke in prayers in the weeks to come.  God be with my Kara and comfort her in ways only HE can!

And myself.  I go Wednesday for my scans.  I pray that they are all clear and with No Evidence of Disease.  I wanna dance with NED!  :)  I am a little anxious for the results.  I don't wanna jump the gun and rename this blog..."Momma HAD Cancer...."  :)  Lord, hear our prayers!

Finally.....Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  Check your boobies ladies!  Don't wait.  It makes ALL the difference in the world.....if ya don't believe me, you haven't heard my story.  Back up and read a few blogs.  Be aware!  And remember those who have fought the battle and won the fight.....and for those who sacrificed the battle and gained His glory.  Be it never in vain.

Hugs!
In Him,
Terri


No comments:

Post a Comment