Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Dear Syd -- My Sophomore.

To my Sydney Clare,

Oh Goodness.  How is it that my little girl....my BABY is going to high school???  You didn't think my silly words would just be reserved for your brother, did you? :)

Somehow, in the midst of the Senior whirlwind...that really hasn't started yet....you starting high school has snuck up on your ole mom.  I remember once when you were younger, I sat down at my computer at home, and there on a sticky note was your handwriting..."Its always ALL about SAM."  You don't know this, but that statement broke my heart.  And I've spent every day since in making sure you didn't really feel that way.

You are my heart walking around outside my chest.  My best friend.  My daughter whom I love more than you will ever ever know.  Being the "baby," yes....you have been to virtually every ballpark in the state and some even further.  Being a ballpark little sister couldn't have always been easy.  But your support of your big brother never ceases to amaze me.

I watch the two of you each day....climb in the truck for sonic runs and all sorts of things.  Please cherish those times.  Count on each other.  Call upon each other.  Pray for each other.  Continue to be a team....always.

While I'm sad that your brother is in his last days at home....I know that God gave me YOU to enjoy for the next few years.  Thank you for being you.  Your kindness...your strength....your giving heart.....and your desire to please others.

You are more than Sam's little sis.....you are my Sydney.  I'm so proud of the young lady you are growing up to be.  Your faith and love for the Lord is shown daily in your actions.....for even when you have your grumpy moments you always feel the need to make it right and let me know I am loved.  You worry about me.  You fret over me.  You are my little protector that God sent to complete our little family.

Can't wait to watch your future unfold.  Shine on, babygirl!  :)




I love you,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment