Wednesday, April 23, 2014

My "Cancer-versary"

As I settle in for the night, I can't help thinking about tomorrow.  It's my 2-year "Cancerversary", y'all. 


2 years.  In some ways, it seems like a lifetime ago.  In others, seems like just yesterday.  So many thoughts flash before my eyes....like one of those "flip-a-gram" videos.


I don't read my old posts often....but tonight I found myself reverting back to a couple....that really detail my journey. My Cancer journey started there....In that Doctor's office, with my friends.
http://www.terricoxbaker.blogspot.com/2012/05/how-i-got-to-here.html


 


Then the Lord kicked in and my team held me up.....my first words just days after my diagnosis....
http://www.terricoxbaker.blogspot.com/2012/05/blessed.html


A short year later....My journey in pictures.  How blessed I am.  Always.
http://www.terricoxbaker.blogspot.com/2013/07/story-behind-my-ribbon.html


I was reaffirmed last week that I'm still in remission.  Hair is back.  I'm healthy.  I'm happy.  I'm a busy momma....with my Panther baseball player....my new Pepstepper (she made it!  yay!) ....my wonderful job.....my loving church.....my fabulous friends.....my amazing David.....and my sweet family.


Life is pretty darn good apart from cancer.  Some days?  I let myself "go there."  To say what if?  I guess that is normal.  I'm still learning each day to live "apart from the cancer"....and its tough at times. 


God has brought me through so much in my life.....He has never let me down. I cling to Him in moments like today that I go back to the very beginning and recall where it all began.  It never leaves the back of my mind that I may have to do it all over again.....But it also never leaves me that I won't be alone.  I can honestly say....I wouldn't change a thing.
I've said before....and I'll say it again...."I kicked Cancer's butt!"  :)


Take THAT, Satan.....BAM!


In Him,
Terri





1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you, Terri. Looking back through all your posts, it’s really nostalgic to see how far you’ve come since then. It’s all in the past now. I think we can agree that the trial has made you even stronger. I wish you all the best every day. Take care always. :)
    Liberty Swyers @ US Healthworks

    ReplyDelete