Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Game of Life....<3

Just a quick post tonight.  Had to write a little blip about a conversation that Syd and I had on the way home this afternoon.

Funny how so much substance can come from the 10 minute ride home.  Apparantly, in her Civics class, they are playing the game of "Life".....or a classroom version of it anyway.  For the last few days, she has been telling me all about it.  They are assigned a profession, which attached to it is an annual salary.  They are assigned a spouse, who has a profession and a salary.  They roll dice to see how many children they have, etc.  

Basically, they are "dealt" a "life".  It's been rather humorous listening to her struggle to pay her bills.  Her mortgage payment, her car payments, child care, etc.  The kid is learning the value of a dollar.....and quickly!  lol

Today, she came home and told me that after her bills, she doesn't have enough money for health insurance.  (Talk about JUST like the real world!  hahaha)  Her teacher made some suggestions, as to where she could cut corners, or make some changes in order to afford it.  This is where my heart filled....and I almost ran over a small child when pulling into our neighborhood.  :)  And I quote, "She told me that I could either get a smaller house, or a less expensive car, or not pay my tithe to the church and I would have enough.  Later in the game, we have to roll for a "sickness" and I will need insurance.  I told her that I'm not gonna live in a crappy house and I HAD to pay my tithe.  And like you always say, Mom....God will provide."  

Wow.  Just wow.  This is when...in SPITE of me.....She gets it.  

She went on rambling about how she was going to college and going to have a better job....and marry better than she has in this "make believe classroom game of life" and did I realize how MUCH 10% was????  ....blah blah blah.  

Today.  THIS day, I learned something from my Sydney.  And I am striving to do better.  Again.

Even though the numbers may not always "add up".....God always provides.  I'm excited to hear more about her future in this game of life.  Bet HER sickness is the common cold.  :)

God, I love this child.  Thank you for my Sydney Clare.



In Him,
Terri

1 comment:

  1. For anyone following Syd's "Game of Life"....here is an update. For the "Sickness"....she drew "NOTHING" and she received a $1000 bonus! "See, mom??? God DOES provide!" She couldn't wait to tell me! God is SOOOO good....even in the "Make Believe...Game of Life."

    ReplyDelete