Friday, July 12, 2013

Story Behind MY Ribbon....

Another night of insomnia!  So I find myself here again.  Imagine that!  :)  Watched my Sammy play a lot of baseball the last few days.  11 games in a 5 day span.  Lots of baseball. Which allowed me lots of needed catchup time with my baseball friends.  I've missed them!

Tonight, Sam played and during his second game, I worked the concession stand.  Muggy and hot.....uggggg.  Gotta love this Arkansas weather!  While I was a sweaty mess, I enjoyed visiting with some friends.  We got to reminiscing over the last year....talked about our vacations.....the team....just good ole girl talks!  One of them hugged me....and said...."Boy hard to believe all you have been through this year."  How true.  As I come upon my 9 month checkup after chemo....I find myself thinking about it more often than not.  Which is normal I guess. 

So it got me to digging through pictures......and thought I'd post a "pictoral recap" of my journey.  I remember each one as if it were yesterday.  So many fought the fight with me.  There is a true story behind every ribbon......And here are a bunch of favorites!  :)


March 2012 - Spring Break Cruise -- Yep, Ladies....He is mine!  1 month BC!  (Before Cancer)
 

March, 2012 -- My every breath.  Sam, Sydney Clare and I.  1 month BC.
March, 2012 Spring Break Cruise -- Cozymel, 1 month BC.

 March, 2012 - Spring break cruise -- Formal  Pic - 1 month BC

Easter - 4-8-2012 -- 15 days BC
 
 

 5-3-2012 Family Pic Session by Tia Wind -- Last ones with Boobies and Hair!

Another Fundraiser.  I am so blessed with my baseball family!  <3





5-6-2012  The kiddos, David and friends before the band started at our Just Sayin' Benefit at Gino's!
 
 
I love you JC!  <3

 
 
 

 
5-8-2012 My Sweet friends took me to dinner the day before my surgery and had designed a special Tshirt for the occasion!  "Real Women Don't Need a Second Base"  Love these girls! <3
 
5-11-2012  Rebecca and the girls had these bracelets made for family and friends showing their support for me!  Here they are at 312!
 

6-11-2012  My Sam put his on immediately........
 

One of MANY pics I received from friends all over showing their support!
 

 6-15-2013 -- Sam still wearing his a year later!  <3
 
 
Just one of the MANY flower bouquets I received. These were grown by my sweet friend Karen!  <3

Little Emme baked me a Ribbon Cake....We had so many meals and yummy desserts.  I blame my friends for the 30 lbs I've gained!  :)
 
 
Still found time to be a Panther Mom!  <3
 
6-10-2012  Kiddos and I participated in the Cardboard Testimony at church.  Very honored to be a part of this. (My cardboards still hang proudly in my den!)
 
 
6-14-2012  Girls took me to dinner before my first treatment!  Laughs were Doctor Ordered!  <3

6-15-2012  Tweegram from Sambo.  I love this child!  <3
 
 
6-15-2012  My precious Deb with me at my first treatment.  We even shared fun at chemo!  Love her!
 
 
The "Red Devil" aka "The Blood of Jesus".  This was my cocktail at this "Chemo Bar".  Hangover was horrible!  :)
 
 
6-27-2012  Becca and Deb took me to dinner to cheer me up.  I began losing my hair today.  :((
 
 
6-28-2012 -- Shaved my head!  First bald pic! 
 

6-28-2012 Correction!  WE shaved OUR heads!  God gave me David....
Very emotional day.  I never realized how "sick" I looked.  bleh....
 
 
6-28-2012  Treatment 2....Shane was my chemo buddy today!  Love her!  <3

Sonya crashed every treatment! So grateful for her company. We had fun at our chemo parties!  :) 
 

Chemo Nurses / Angels / Friends -- Carolyn and Linda  <3


6-28-2012  See these girls?  They DRUUGGGGG me kickin and screamin to the premier of "Magic Mike"!  :)
 

6-29-2012 -- A little hat shoppin before the meds hit.  Deb dawned her "doo rag" in my honor.  Precious friend!  <3 


7-13-2012  Lunch date with kiddos before 3rd treatment! 
 
 

Dance Camp 2012!!
 

7-27-2012  Sonya was my Chemo Buddy again!  Love love love her.  <3
What in the HECK was I wearin????   lol
 
 
 
She always came bearing "chocolate".....Can't have chemo without it! 
 
  

7-21-2012 -- Newport visited Bryant and I came to cheer!  Few of my Class of 89 Buds!  Love these girls!
 
Laughter truly IS the best meds.....more girl time.  They made SURE I didn't stay home feeling sorry for myself!  :)
 

When momma was in bed....they piled up with me.  Here is one of them acting silly! 
 

Snuggle Time.....:)
 
Lots of ugly days....:(
 

My fur babies took care of me too!  Lots of joy from these three crazies!  I really needed a king size bed!  haha
 
 
 
8-10-2012  The day before my 5th treatment I lost my Papaw.  This is an old picture.  But I didn't get a pic of me at chemo that day.  Sad one....:(
 

8-11-2012  My niece Hannah and I right before Papaw's funeral.  This was my first treatment of the Taxol.  I was thrilled that I didn't feel too bad yet! 
 
8-14-2012  More Laughs with the gang.  These crazies kept me sooooo sane!  <3
 

8-17-2012 -- School Orientations -- Sam's Sophomore Year.  Sydney's 8th grade year!
 
 

8-17-2012  Maroon/Grey Game.  Syd first time to dance.  Sam first time on High School team.  Big day!  And hotter than blue blazes!!
 

8-20-2013 -- Kiddos first day of school.
 
8-24-2012 -- Chemo Buddy Karen!  Love my sweet friend!  <3

Wig Fun w/Josh......:)
 
9-5-2012 -- Text from this sweet child.....this is the good stuff!!
 

9-7-2012 -- 7th treatment with my Sonya.  (Supportin my Panthers -- Game day!)

More Chemo Chocolate!
 

9-8-2012  Tailgate'n w/Deb!  <3
 

My precious sweet Annie!  Precious child.....
 

Woo Pig Sooiieeee!  Go Hogs! 

A couple of Besties!  <3
 
Me and my D!  WPS!
 
Sammy and Madison....great kiddos!

David's gift -- remind me to "believe"!  <3
 

9-21-2012 "NO MO CHEMO" Party! 
 
Yes...I'm aware this pic is sideways.  Hard to format from my ipad!  This....is my ugly cry as the gang surprised me on my last treatment.
 

It was a party!
 

 
One of TWO cakes!  :)
 

I was the queen that day!  :)
 

My fridge message from Syd!  <3

Mastermind behind the party!  I love her so very much.
 

Graduation Day!  I rang the bell!  <3

 
I put on my boobs to call the hogs!  hehe  Another graduation celebration!

 
Dinner fun! 
More wig fun!  That is a LOTTTT of pink!  :)
 

Jack?  with hair????  heheh
 

See the resemblance?   lol
 

Love this lady!  Great nurse....better friend! 
 

Couple of great things that Cancer brought into my life right here!  <3

My Clinic BF!  :)

My precious Shane.  God placed her in my life for a big ole reason!

MORE Wig fun!  :)
Dr. Sneed.  "We're gonna be friends a LONG time."  :)


Salt Bowl Fun!  Love these ladies!
 
10-4-2012  Got the call!  Cancer Free!  Remission starts now!  <3


Couple of reminders on my computer from my Syd.  We were celebratin'!  <3
 

Thanks to the efforts of a precious friend...Panthers wore Pink socks in October for Breast Cancer Awareness.  Very touched.
 

I'm a Survivor! 


Team Terri Rocked!
 
 
Was blessed to be honored by another team!  Cool!
 
Invite to the wonderful Pre-Race Party.  I am so grateful to these ladies!

My friend and sister, Jana.  She worked so hard on making "Team Terri" a reality.  The race, the party, our team....everything.  Love you Jana! <3

  

Chi-O's at my Team Terri Party -- Race for the Cure "Eve"
 

Benton Buddies!  <3
 

Ang and Debra!  <3

 
 


We are the Chi Omegas and ya better beware......:)
 
 


Fat Bottomed Girls Cup Cakes.  Sinful!
 

Newport Friends!  Love these girls!!!!

Sweet girlies...
 
Another with my Newport friends!  Love them so very much!
 

Real Men wear Pink!  Go Jon!



So many goodies!  Simply Beautiful!

New friends...
 
RACE DAY!
Who IIIII ran for!  <3

Chi-O!

Leah, Hannah and Jacob.  So happy they were a part of my team!
 

My beautiful survivor friend!!!
 

With Shane Broadway and Gov. Beebe!  Friends in high places! :)



Jon & Holly!

Race is Serious Bidness....

My mom's very best friend!  I love Judy and was so happy to see her!
 

Love Kimmie and Susan!

I got to see Lonna and NOT on a baseball field!  <3


My heart....My love!  <3


Traci and Lori....precious friends.

More sister love....Marsha and Jana

I got nothin.....lol

 
 


Sweet kiddos!

Shane, Sonya and kiddos.  Of COURSE, they were there!  My "heart"!

Man....I look like I was hosed down in Pepto Bismal!  <3  Lot of pink! :)

 
 
 

Team Terri.  This was our best effort at a group pic.  And this wasn't even everyone!  Blessed....



Back of Shirt....

Front of shirt.  Thank you Jana....
 
One of my trinkets from the day!  :)
 

Love my Sambo....
 

10-21-2012  Sam's Birthday at Casting Crowns.


Tia blessed us with Fall pics...
 

 
 
 
 
 
Toboggan Fun....Thanks to my Aunt Tootie for multiples!!<3

Puppies and Christmas!










1-27-2013  Hair is growing.  (No that is NOT gray!  hehe)
 
 
Jackson County Relay for Life.  I was next to my momma!  <3
 
First time to go without a hat.  Church.
 
 
 
 
Junior Auxiliary Benefit.  So blessed to attend and be a part of this evening with those who have helped us so much!  <3
 
FINALLY got a new-to-me vehicle!  The lemon is dead!
 
 
March 10, 2013  My Baptism
 

 

2/2013  Panther Baseball Family Day!
 
 
I love my Hannah!  <3

 

One of my FAVORITE Gifts!  Sweet Shelley....<3

 

David and Billy Idol at Dinner!  ha

5-2013  Mudding Fun! 

Yes, We had cold baseball in May!  <3

"I can only Imagine" -- My sweet Hannah before her recital!  Aunt Terri was so proud!
 
Chemo has my body temps forever messed up!  In my office sits a fan AND a heater!  Both are used daily!
 
Honored to be a part of my Gina's big day!  <3  I so love these girls!
 

More hat fun!  <3

Love this pic. 

Back porch time with the unibomber!  :)  Love my little brother!

Beach bum.....post Cancer.
 
And a few more vacation pics.....




 
 


 





 


He needs to frame this!!!   I love this pic of my brother!

My sweet man....
 

<3

Love the pic AND the sunset.  Thank you God for my brother!
 

 
This is worth the fight!!!!
 
 
This is my progression.  I've changed much more on the inside than out!  <3


Every Ribbon Has a Story....
 
 
It has taken me several days, combing through pictures.  One thing never changes....the love of my children, my place as a mom, my lasting friendships, my love of and for David, my family, my church and most of all my GOD....never left my side.  Cancer changed me.  But through God, it didn't define me.  It brought far more goodness to me than I even remembered. It also made me realize the goodness and blessings I already had. 
 
While the effects of my illness are still very real and lasting, I am equipped with faith and a newfound relationship with my Lord and Savior.  I have a village to hold me up when I am broken.  I have two of the best kids EVER.  I have a best friend in David and also in my brother, Jay.  Two men that I can count on always.  I have precious friends who are so dear to me....many faces you see on here....and many aren't.  I am blessed.  Even through cancer.....the world needs to see ya smile!  <3
 
In Him,
Terri
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment