Thursday, June 6, 2013

My Gina.....

My post tonight is about my friend.  My friend Gina.  She doesn't read my blogs, but don't think I'm talking about her behind her back.....maybe I'll make her read this one!  :)

Gina is getting married Saturday to her "Elementary School" Crush.  Now how incredibly NEAT is that??  Gives some truth to the old adage.....that "if ya love something let it go....if its meant to be, it will always come back"....(or something profound like that!  haha)  I think this is a relationship that had some Godly fingerprints on it......And things were done in HIS timing.

I met Gina a few years ago through a mutual friend.  Let me tell you a little about her.  They broke the mold for sure.  She is a sweet spirit beneath a rough exterior.  She shows her love oftentimes through the "tough love" option.  She is the "mother hen" of our little circle of friends.  She is never fake.  AND you always know exactly where you stand.  Even if she's mad at ya. :) 

Gina has a deep heart.  And when her friends are hurting.  She hurts.  She stood by me through the breakdown of my marriage and through my finding love again.  Her advice is usually spot-on and I never worry that she has nothing but the best intentions for those around her.  Honestly, I'm pretty scared of Gina. :)  Not really,  but as my momma used to say, "She will tell ya how the cow ate the cabbage!"  That's what I love the most.  She is real.  Always.

She is so dang funny.  Together, we all have shared so many laughs the last few years.  Her one-liners could be a comedy show.....and her stories (especially the ones about her grandma) could make her a best-selling author.  Even when crises seems to attack -- she puts hilarious spin on things like no one else.  Her sarcasm and banter are so unique. 

As a mother, she gave birth to a rocket scientist.....literally.  Daegan works for NASA!  She sacrificed so much for his education and to guide him to be a successful young man.  The hardest thing for a mother is to "cut those apron strings".....and God placed Lynn back in her life at just the perfect time to ease the burden and love her.  See how God works???  :)

As a nurse, she has a compassion deep inside like few I've met.  She has been with us all through heartbreak.  Through joy.  Through illness.  Through fun times.  Through horrible times.  Like a "friendship marriage".....We all have survived it all.  Its finally....HER time.  Her day.  Her new beginning.  She fell in love with this man (ok....so maybe it was a crush....but on the playground, same thing....right?? :)) all those years ago, and now God's timing has brought them back to one another to build their ending together.

I am very honored to be a part of her wedding.  To stand beside her, and the best of friends, as she professes to love this man in front of God and all of her friends.  And as he takes her hand to love and protect forever.  I love Gina, and my heart is so incredibly full as I watch this circle of life become complete.  She is so deserving of not only a beautiful wedding day.....but more importantly, a beautiful marriage.  I'm also grateful to know that once she relocates to begin her life together....that no amount of miles will damage the friendship that we all share.  Poor Lynn.....he gets such the package deal!  :)

Of course, I'm not the perfect person to give marital advice, so I'm not going to try.  But as her Sister in Christ.....I would love to say this to you, Gina.....

I love you.  I am so happy for you and Lynn, that you patiently waited for God to reveal your "missing piece".  I have included you in my prayers for many days and will pray for you and your new marriage in the days to come.  Place God in the center of your marriage and in front of every issue.  Don't go to bed angry.  Ever.  Don't worry about money or finances......because what is most important....money cannot buy.  So do not let it consume you.  Kiss him goodnight.  Every night.  Hug him often....and hang on for a minute.  Pray for him.  And trust that he too, is praying for you.  Let your worries about the "big day" go....and enjoy it.  He fell in love with you for you.....and no matter what Saturday brings....you will be a beautiful bride and it will be a ceremony you will never forget.  As Proverbs 31:25 tells us "She is clothed in strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future."  That is the epitome of you and your wedding.  It will all come together and you are marrying the man of your dreams in front of those who love you most.....and with the blessings of many that simply have to be there in spirit.  Enjoy every second.  Soak up every thought and every feeling.  I am so proud to call you one of my best friends and thank God for placing you, Gina....in my life.  I pray that God places a hedge of protection over your marriage and that He bring to you and Lynn many happy years together.  I leave you with 1 Corinthians 13 -- which is what God tells us about love.....and I'm so very happy that you and Lynn have found it....And our friendship knows this love also!  <3
 
1 Corinthians 13 

1If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
 
 
 
I love you Gina Beana!!!!!!   <3
 
In Him,
Terri 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment