Thursday, June 27, 2013

Miracle Pics!

I can't sleep tonight.   I have post-vacation blues.  I know...."woe is me"...right?   I've been on some pretty awesome trips in my day.....mostly consisting of big ole groups of friends....oftentimes around a ball tournament or a dance competition.  But this one was truly wonderful.  Can't really think of any complaints.  We were on no agenda whatsoever, with my family and with my brother's family.  This trip stood out as one of the best.  Maybe THE best.....because I realized this time not to take any second for granted.  Of course, who can have a bad time at the beach?  I can't think of any other place that can be described as God's magnificent finger-painting. But that is not what the "blues" are about.  I miss my brother, his wife Leah, and his kiddos!  We just didn't have enough time.  In the 12 years I've been in Benton, it's just been over the last year that I've thought about packing up and going back to Newport.  Just to be close to my family.  It will always be my home and what makes it home, are the love and people I have there.  So yes, Panama City Beach made me homesick.

I'm a certified lunatic. Self-diagnosed and I own it.  Several times a day, I think...."this time last week I was blah blah blah or we were doing this or that".....Ya get the picture.  I keep finding sand, even a week later....in the Tahoe, in the laundry, everywhere.  we bought a lot of "Publix" brand items while we were there......(We don't have Publix here in Arkansas)...and every time I see something I pout. Tonight, it was aluminum foil, margarine, the last of a loaf of bread, and even a new roll of toilet tissue.  Our week away....was THAT good. 

I hate pictures that show my fat-ness.  My kids and David and several close friends of mine have been taught how to take pictures from various angles, and cropping is wonderful.  So please understand the love I have for these people to post me in all of my fatness!  :)  I still believe that "fat looks better tan."   haha

While I had planned to do a vacation picture album post later....I got started reminiscing at the ones on my phone and can't wait to get most of the good ones from my camera.  Each has a story....a memory.... 

First Group shot.  See those clouds behind us?  Yep, they unloaded on us just seconds after this shot.  (One of the two "30 minute showers" we had all week.)  I love this picture!!  (And the polo outlet store loved us! )
 
 

Right after the Rain.....Wardrobe change......Guys were so thrilled!  Another favorite of mine!
 


First day on the beach.....Pic with my sweetie!



My brother's first time at the beach. This is one of the most precious pictures I've ever seen.
 


Sam and David made a breast cancer ribbon in memory of my mom and in honor of me early that morning.  Late in the evening, it survived the rain showers and the crowds.  Turned sideways?  It's Jesus.  Love this.
The "Pink Ribbon" .....Hope
 

Yes, I love this moment with my brother.....but looky how our Heavenly Father "photobombed" us with that sunset?????   The sky was breathtaking.  My iphone didn't do it justice.



My sweet D.....I love him.
 

Sydney Clare and Chloe.  Best friends!  Pretty girls inside and out!
 
 
Aunt Terri time!   Precious Hannah and Jacob.  Love these stinkers!  <3

Random moment at the pool when a stranger noticed our bracelets and I was able to share our journey.  Sambo proudly exclaimed that he has not removed his since the day he put in on over a year ago.  Had to take a pic.  A sweet moment.

What do ya say 'bout this?  A Bro-Mance at its best.  lol   Love these two!  <3

Back in the car again!  Mom takes a picture of EVERYTHING!  haha


Cousins at Dinner.  I instantly think how much love was coming from Mamaw Patsy in heaven at this moment. Its up to US that they know her!  <3


No, "bar-hopping" wasn't on our agenda....but as we were walking one afternoon, passed in front of "Coyote Ugly", we just HAD to get a pic!  Syd informed me...."Mom! you finally have boobs and hair!"  Funny kid.  And truth!  
 

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.  <3


My little Hannah -- was my shopping buddy and "fashionista" last week.  We didn't buy the hats.  But maybe we should have????? 


"Infinity".   Sweet friends.

My Sam.....in his "Sammy" shorts.   lol  Love this kid!


While I love this pic......The girls made it an "art" to photo bombing.  This is one of my favs!  Crazy kid!


Another Photo Bomb.....They are comics.  :)

Sam and David's Ribbon in the sand.  Sam even dug a trench to protect it from the tide!  Wonder if its still there??  Made my heart smile!

Beach fun!

Momma and Sydney Clare moment -- I love love love this child! 

They are growing up on me.  Yes, I cannot tell a lie.  I made them take this picture (then and now!).....But I don't have to make them show love to their momma.  I'm so blessed with these two!

Leah.  This girl has my brother's heart and keeps it safe.  She also has made her way into mine.  Love her!!!

Pool time with mom!  I realize how lucky I am that they are content spending time with me!!!  <3
 


If I keep on trying.....I'll get a smile.  hehehe   These crazy girls made me smile all week!  God bless Chloe!  She is a blessing to us!


Detour on the way home through Duck Commander!  "Duck Dynasty" is the modern "Brady Bunch".  A family favorite and we were so pumped to get to visit!  We didn't have any "beard" sightings.....but lots of fun just the same!
 
Sitting and chatting....where "THEY" sit and chat!  :)
 


Their Bus!


Chloe got to hop in the pic this time!  :)

The kids and I with the Robertsons! 


Kids and the rear of the bus!


Momma and Jase! 
 

Momma and Willie!
 
My favorite "Beard" still.....Momma and David!  <3  (I stole his new hat!)

 


Right before we said goodbye.  I cried like a baby.   I love these people.  Blessed to call them family.

 
I am completely blessed to have this week full of laughs, special moments, happiness, and family time.  I vow to make it a priority.  And to Him I give all the glory for this perfect week.  And these people I will grow old with.
 
Note:  This blog started out as me whining and cranky.  I was planning to complain  and moan as I've been aggravated a lot the past couple of  days. I've bit my tongue repeatedly to keep from telling some "how the cow ate the cabbage" and stopped myself.   I started out just to post a pic of my family from vacay, and got so entirely caught up in the memories I captured from our week together, that I've deleted many many words and this entire post turned on a dime.  Kiss my hiney, Satan.  Nice try.   I already feel better. God worked through a few silly pics.  Trust me.....I was in a mood.  They are "Miracle Pics"!  haha
 
Lessons I've learned and been reminded lately?  Count your blessings, and be happy when others are blessed as well.  Not your woes.....Because we ALL have them.  Things are rarely as they seem, so don't gossip.  Absolutely NOTHING about gossip is right.  Am I guilty of it sometimes?  You betcha.....but I strive very hard to take up my issues with people directly.  When I slip, I hate myself.  Thanks be to God!!!   Grumpy believers are not bringing people to Christ.  Be gracious to those who help you and be observant and give them value. Sometimes, you may not realize just how much others do care....and do want what is best for you.  Its human nature to want to feel "value" when you help others.  But in a Godly frame of mind, we do them simply to serve and not receive value.  Do not compare yourselves to others or keep score. That drives me crazy.  Give with a giving heart.  Receive with gratitude.  Do both with love.  Even when people are un-loveable, love them anyway.  For they need you most.  Keep reaching out even though you may get slapped hands, keep knocking on closed doors, keep calling unanswered calls, and texting with no replies.  Yes, it does stink to be left out....but in God's plan, everything is perfect.  I'm learning to trust that.   Being a Christian isn't about perfection.  It's about spending time with Jesus.  Nurturing that relationship with Him and inviting others to join.  He loves it when believers bring in new believers......but He celebrates when believers find each other!  :)   Remember, that everyone has different beliefs.  We are to love them and let that fact make this an interesting world.  There is never an excuse for hate or judgment.  We should open our hearts to new ways to bless others and of course, be blessed.  Don't be the kind of friend that you do not want.  We are all brothers and sisters in Christ, and He never fails us.  Ever. And above all else, remember that nobody is perfect.  Forgive.  And do it with grace.  Thank you God for speaking to me!  <3
 
Jesus loves me, this I know.....
In Him,
Terri
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment