Friday, April 5, 2013

5, 6, 7, 8!!!

Just got my kiddos tucked in and asleep.....Sambo tucked in and sleeping soundly beside me.  And Syd is finally down.

What. a. week.  I'm past exhaustion and all I have done is been a "James".  In other words, I've been the chauffer.  Practice.....Feed the girls.....to the house for homework....back to the arena for "open gym".....and then elsewhere to practice until "who knows when" before heading "Home James" to study, shower, and catch a few hours of shuteye before doing it all again. 

I've spent the week with Syd and her sweet friends, Abby and Haven.  I am so proud of these girls and their friendships.  Being "Veterans".....and in their second year of tryouts, nerves aren't quite as on edge as last year.  But that doesn't stop them from their determination to get better and working hard.  We have shared a lot of laughs in our time together this week.  Shared some tears during discouraging times.  Shared some giggles when the "second wind" hits and the caffiene kicks in way past bedtime.  And I've watched these girls truly support each other like sisters. 

They are real.  They are honest. They point out each other's unpointed toes, "funky feet", goofy faces, and sloppy turns. They can turn a grumpy attitude into smiles in a moment's notice.  In turn....they compliment each other and truly care and lift each other up during the dark moments. They exhibit kindness to the younger girls and guidance to help them makes my heart smile.  I have sat quietly in a corner watching them all week....and my heart just smiles.  Sweet sweet girls. 

I'm so grateful for Amber Bohannon....who has been with them for weeks.....and taking time from her sweet girls to help us.  She is so uplifting and tough at the same time.  I hope her family knows what a blessing it has been to let us "borrow" her for so many weeks and evenings this particular week.  God bless Amber!  Also, very appreciative of Angela for allowing us to have a space in which to practice.  It really is a group effort behind every dancer! 

Today was mock tryouts.....the girls came out feeling confident but certainly not complacent.  Their bodies are tired, legs are bruised, muscles are strained.  Lord, just get us through one more day.

I made Syd a little basket today of her favorite candies, flowers, balloons and even Children's liquid ibuprofen.  The kid is 14 and can't swallow a pill!  In the basket, I included this prayer that we will pray together tomorrow before tryouts.  No matter the outcome....we will keep our eyes on our heavenly Father. 

 
 
 
This time tomorrow night.....the results will be in.....sigh.  Whatever the outcome, I'm so proud of these girls and am praying for them and all of those trying out tomorrow.  As in all things, there will be both celebration and disappointment.  The extreme in both emotions.  I'm comforted in knowing that our God is present in all outcomes.
 
"Let us praise HIS name in the dance...."   Psalm 149:3
 
I love you Sydney Clare!!!! <3
 
In Him,
Terri
 

No comments:

Post a Comment