Thursday, March 7, 2013

What's Happenin' During Lent! :)


Ok.....this may be cheating. But I'm gonna dance with the "gray area." I gave up Facebook for Lent. I have logged in only to reply to a couple of messages and grab contact info for folks. As a "social media".....I'm off til Easter. Do you KNOW how much down time I've used to scroll through facebook? The idea is now to use that time to spend with God and to help me in my relationships with and through Him. Its workin! :)

I do miss the day to day contact I have with those I ONLY have contact with is through FB, the laughs and being "in the know".....because if "its ON Facebook, it MUST be true" right??? :) But it will be Easter soon, and I'll be back. I still peak at Instagram.....I love following my friends and their lives.

I'm blogging because so much has happened. Im not even sure of the last time I posted. I just know I need to bring my journal "up to speed" and document some pretty neat things going on at the Bakers'! :)

First a "health update"....

I had my 3 month checkup and scans back in January. Got the "reaffirmation" of the "All Clear".....so again....nasty ole' Cancer.....Take THAT! BAM!! :) Still in remission and praying it stays that way. I still despise Blue Cross....and am in the process of writing to the Insurance Commissioner AND the Better Business Bureau regarding my claims. Worst case at this point....the "pre-existing" clause will be lifted April 15. One way or another I can move forward with coverage.

It was wonderful seeing my AOA family.....I miss them so very much. They were a part of my day to day journey and got me through the roughest of times. I just love and miss them.....:(

I go back on April 15th. A little over a month and I'll have my 6 month checkup. If a good report, I will be scheduling my port removal at some point. And later in the fall, I am going to start some consultations and considering reconstruction. I miss my boobies! :)

I've been dieting. Lost 17 lbs to date. Fact: Oreos are the devil. And both Wal-Mart and Kroger have huge displays of the new "MEGA stuff" oreo. They are EVERYWHERE....tempting me with their goodness. Double stuff wasn't enough.....Dude. These cookies are awesome. I have always hated eating them in public. For some reason, they are messy....get in your teeth, yuk. But my addiction starts about 9 pm......I hide a pack by my bed and can eat a package in a week. Im quite sure I'd have lost 27 by now if they hadn't invented these.
 
 

Still....I'm back on the diet. I still hate dieting. 1000 cals a day. No caffeine or diet sodas. I drink at LEAST this every day:   That's 100 ounces folks!   :)

 
 
No fun. But seeing progress so I'm ok with that. I'm taking Adipex. I'm sure to get a million scoldings for putting that out there.....but this blog has always been from an honest place. It aided me in losing my weight before so I'm back on the crutch. I DID consult my oncologist first. And while I didn't completely get his "blessing".....I did get a gentle nod and a "I don't think you need them". Chemo blew me back up .....that's my story and I'm sticking to it!" I worked too hard and I've gotta get it back off.

I'm back at work full time.....and chasin my kiddos in their activities. I feel really good, just still really tired and I tucker out a lot quicker than I used to. Zero energy. Its frustrating because many people don't understand. I'm 4 mos. out of chemo.....but my body is still adjusting. I want to exercise.....but my sleep isn't consistent and its a struggle many days just to keep up.

I have hair!  Nope....nothing to really brag about.  This would be a great time for someone to have a 70's party.  I could totally rock a 'fro right now!  I look goofy and the hats are still a staple in my wardrobe.  Here is why......ugggggg!  Glad he loves me anyway!  :)



Please pray that I can snap back to normal soon.  I don’t want to miss another day of this amazing life! 

A pictoral timeline of a few key “goings on” lately:
* I had a birthday..... still "forty-something"  :)

 
 
Can I just say that Facebook Birthdays are the best!!!!  So many sweet wishes and each one brought a smile to my face!  :)  My friends and family made it super special as always.  Makes getting old not so bad!
 
*  Valentine's Day is once again so much fun for me!  Look at my goodies:
 
Roses and Coach perfume from my sweet David and a bracelet from my kiddos.  I felt loved!  :)
 

*  Sammy’s driving.  Lord help me.  Do you know how hard it is to hand over a set of keys to your child?  February 17 he was legal.  So far, no issues and he is doing great.  I still hold my breath until I get that “Mom I made it….love ya” text.  But can I also tell ya how nice it is that he can get himself everywhere he needs to go???  And get Syd most places SHE needs to go? Insert the choir singing “Halleluiah!”  here.  Wow.  It is such a blessing.
 
His first truck!  :)
 

 
Their first Sonic run.  Silly kiddos!  :)
 
 
He let me go to Happy Hour this time!  :)

His first week wasn’t without a tad of drama though of course.  The first night we let him drive somewhere, He had a blowout.  As if that wasn’t enough….he drove all the way home on it because he didn’t know that is what happened.  About 7 miles.  It was sitting on the rim.  Lordy…..I don’t know how he kept it on the street!  SMH.  

Then, a week into it, we had his eyes checked.  When he took the eye test at the DMV, he struggled so I made the appointment.  The kid was not LEGAL to drive!  His eyes were 20/150!!!  Thankful for the angels leading the blind that week.  He is now in contacts…..says its like the world was in HD now!  Poor guy.  Bad Momma moment right there friends.  I bet his batting average sees some improvement now that he can actually SEE the ball!  J

I won’t mention that Syd now has glasses ordered as well for her and for some reason they sold me a pair of Bi-focals.  I’m sure I don’t really need them.  Or I can blame it on the chemo……

I'll post pics of our new family with specs as soon as they come in! 

*  Baseball season in full swing.  Favorite time of year with some of my favorite people. This is from our "family day" a couple of weeks ago.  I'm still his biggest fan!


 
* Dance tryouts for Syd are just around the corner.  Lord help me.  I may need to be a “medicated momma” that week.  Please say a special prayer for us!  Thank goodness God sent us Amber Bohannon.  She is working hard with Syd again this year.  Very blessed! 


* We FINALLY got rid of my lemon of a vehicle.  Talk about a relief. It left us on the side of the road AGAIN.....and I was done.  I'm now so happy God provided the means for us to get into something reliable.  That is one stress eliminated from my life completely.
 
We love it!
 
* The kids and I participated at another Cardboard Testimony at my brother's church.  Very moving and powerful..I am so proud of the man of God he really is and the work he is doing bringing so many to Christ.  My mom is so proud.  I just know it!

*  My friend Gina is getting hitched!  I'm excited and honored to have been asked to be a bridesmaid at her wedding, June 8th.  Please pray for Gina and Lynn as they begin their life together. 

 * SPRING FORWARD!  The kids and I made it official and are joining FBC.  I am getting baptized this coming Sunday, the 10th.  I am busy trying to write my testimony from an honest place.  Its kinda tough when you have walked "a mile in my shoes" so to speak.  I will share my words here at a later date.  Please pray for me as I re-dedicate my life to our God and start my new walk.  I am like a kid at Christmas.  I can not wait! 



I was born and raised in church.  Baptized as an infant.  Confirmed as a young child.  But this is the first time I've made the solid choice to stand in front of so many friends, family, and people that I look up to, whom I honor, and even some who intimidate me....to confess that I've led a life with many times of "seperation from God" and want to change that.  Oddly enough, its going to be also daylight savings time change day.  To me...."Spring Forward" will have a whole new meaning.  I am walking forward with my future in a whole new life.

I am not just going through the motions, friends.  I truly want to become "dead in my sins" and change my future.  With this is a great seriousness and a huge responsibility.  I know that it means my life is changing.  My outlook will be much different.  The people in my life will see that change and may or may not like and/or adapt to it.  I'm just trusting in my God that he will lead me exactly where I need to be.  Just like He always has.....I just now am trusting His guidance completely and like never before. 

I'm sure I will fail at times.  But I'm now holding myself to a much higher standard.  And expect those around me to hold me there also.  Being Godly in this world is tough.  And boy....do I have a long way to go.  Proverbs 31 is my guide......to be a woman like that......Wow!  Stay with me friends....and pray for me on this journey.  Trust me....the heartache I've suffered, and the heartache I have even caused......the road I've traveled.  If I can be right with God.....I believe anyone can.  Maybe my testimony will be worth it....Just maybe. :)

"Surely Your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.  Psalm 23:6

In Him,
Terri

PS:  Two special prayer requests.....Please pray for my friends, Clay and Stacey Cunningham as they begin their journey to adopt a child......Pray that God's hand be on them every step of the way!

 
 
Also, my dear friend and Chi-O sister, Hallie is just completed her 3rd treatment.  Please keep her in your prayers.  I know the journey she is on is tough but will pass.  God is our ultimate healer.  For you my sweet friend......

 

 

 

 

 








No comments:

Post a Comment