Thursday, September 6, 2012

Little Things

Tonight, I can't sleep.  Not because I feel bad or because I'm restless.  I'm simply overwhelmed.  For the most part, I have really had a good day.....physically, emotionally, spiritually.   In the life of a chemo patient....those days don't come tooooo often where the stars are lined up JUST right.  So I couldn't go to sleep without writing about THIS day.  :)

Nothing really earth-shattering happened.  Worked a full day.  Been skipping lunch hours and just "brown bagging" it to the office to get as much work done as I can before another treatment.  First of the month, so its been a tad busy.  And with a holiday thrown in there, this week has been a little extra crazy.  My days have been incredibly productive.  I can now find the top of my desk, and have addressed most of my little "stacks" that needed attention. That in itself makes me feel great!

In my last few minutes at the office, the twins (kiddos of a co-worker) came in after school. Sweet Kinley popped in beside me and chit chatted a bit. She is a 2nd grader and before I could even ASK about her new teacher, etc, etc, she asked me how I was doing......smiled big when I told her I was almost done. She said, "I don't want you to be sick." I told hugged her sweet little self tight and told her it won't be long now. We talked about my hair growing back, what it might look like, etc. She said, "You are stil so pretty....it don't matter." Wow. That's all I can say. Wow. What a precious precious child!!! She never batted an eye. We shared a snack and a piece of gum and that was it!

Came home to an empty quiet house this afternoon.  Made a big ole pot of beef stew.  And homemade pimento cheese like my Mamaw taught me.  Syd was cheering for her friend Emme at her Volleyball game and Sam was still at football practice.  Cooking dinner felt good.  Felt "normal."  In all honesty, I've not felt much like doing anything but falling into bed on the days I've felt "ok".  When Sam came in the first words were, "Mom!  Something smells great!"   Love it.  The little things.....  To many, I may be over-reacting at such an everyday thing.  But for us, most of our meals have come from the hands of others or a paper bag in the last few weeks.  This was BIG!  :)  It is so wonderful to realize the littlest of things these days.

Kellie Pickler.  Wow.  The girl is awesome.  Shaved her head in honor of her close friend who is battling breast cancer.  Proudly showing her bald head....no hat, no wig.  Simply beautiful.  I had a hard time holding back the tears when my Sonya sent me this pic today.....

Reminded me of the day I made the trip to shave mine.  David made the decision to shave his along with me.....I KNOW how loved I felt on that day.  And I know what a gesture Kellie is making for her friend.  I don't for a MINUTE think it was a publicity stunt.....and it angers me to think people would even think that.  She is a hero in my book!  You go girl!! 

I felt the "love" all over again when Sonya sent this to me.  Another "little thing" that made me smile today.


Picked up the kiddos from church and headed home for all of us to eat....again!  lol  It was a huge pot after all.  I think my Sam ate 3 or 4 bowls and at least 6 "minage cheese" (that is how syd would say pimento cheese when she was a baby....and it stuck) sandwiches.  We laughed and talked about the day.  Made plans for Syd's "game day" and pep rally tomorrow.  Syd spent an hour going through old purses of mine looking for loose change so she could have money for the concession stand tomorrow night.....lol.  Crazy kid....I told her no "extras" this week....we are on a budget!  So she played "finders keepers" for a while.  Everytime she found a quarter....you'd have thought it was a hundred dollar bill.  The kid found about 11 bucks!   lol

I took a bath and am now in bed blogging.  Kids are in their rooms studying and such.  While ago, I get this text from sweet Bailey, daughter of my friend Sonya.  Despite my trying.....I broke down and let the tears fly.....


Not only that.....she requested prayers for me among her friends on Instagram.  I chatted with Sonya only to find that for some reason....Bailey was just really emotional tonight and felt the need to reach out to me and FOR me.  THAT my friends, hit me hard.  What a sweet little girl.  I was suprised and touched beyond words.  Overwhelmed at a child's love.  At a child's heart.  While it was a "little thing" for her to do.  I pray that she knows and understands what a "Big" thing it was for me.  That child is precious.  And I pray that she recieve 10 times the blessings that she gave for me and my children tonight.

Again, God works through everyone.  We ALL have talents and hearts that can be used to spread His love.  Sweet Bailey and precious Kinley did just that today. 

I'm heading to sleep tonight....ready for tomorrow.  Sam has to be at the school at 6:30 for baseball.  Syd dancing her first pep rally tomorrow afternoon and takes the field at halftime tomorrow night.  She is so excited and I am so proud of her!!  Big day tomorrow for the Bakers. 

Friday is Lucky #7.  Treatment, that is.  7 of 8 will be under my belt.  So please keep us in your prayers as we do this just 2 more times.  I think I can....I think I can.....I think I can!  :)

Please don't forget to register and Walk...Run....Crawl......in the Race for the Cure next month. You can  even be a part of us from your couch!!!!   They have Spirit Runners......you can donate and receive the shirt even if you can't physically be there!  :)  Team Terri......Come walk for your YOUR hero and join in the efforts of finding that cure.  Pah-Leese??????  :)

http://arkansas.info-komen.org/site/TR/RacefortheCure/LIT_ArkansasAffiliate?team_id=219501&pg=team&fr_id=2568

This link takes you right to my team page.  We need ya! 

In Him,
Terri





No comments:

Post a Comment